Learning and Development Services
Learning and Development hand in hand
Bridgeway Consulting is the leading rail training and assessment provider in the UK and are licensed by Network Rail / the National Skills Academy for Rail.
Bridgeway Consulting were inspected by Network Rail and NSAR and the overall grading was OUTSTANDING in all sections, two inspections in a row.
Bridgeway offer courses throughout the UK, these are available at both our own and client premises. We offer a cost effective service that’s available 24/7 for 365 days a year!
As well as delivering training internally for Bridgeway, The Learning and Development team have been delivered for a number of high profile projects and clients including:
- Costain London Bridge - Key Railway Principles to circa 700 staff
- Edinburgh to Glasgow Improvement Programme (EGIP)
- PTS Training and OLEC assessments to 25 Italian Alstom OHLE Construction staff
- The Office of Road and Rail - PTS training to Senior Management team
- Network Rail - Safe Works Leader Training
We also have accreditation from Network Rail to deliver Industry Common Induction training and assessments (Network Rail and LUL) and the Learning and Development team are making plans to ensure that we are compliant by the 1st of June 2016.
What we can deliver...
Sentinel & Track Safety
- Key Railway Principles
- Personal Track Safety AC/DCCR
- Lookout/Site Warden
- Individual Working Alone
- Possession Assistant (Blockroad)
- Controller of Site Safety
- Protection Controller
- Engineering Supervisor
- Safe System of Work Planner
- 24/7 Mentoring and Workplace Assessments
Permanent Way Training
- Track Induction
- Track Handback Engineer
- Track Inspection/Track Patrolling
- Hot and Cold Weather Precautions/Patrolling
- Plain Line and S&C Maintenance
- Switch and Crossing Maintenance
- Hydraulic Rail Tensors
- Measured Shovel Packing & Kango Packing
- Rail Creep/Pulling Back of Rails
- Stressing of Rails Levels 1-3
Small Tools and Plant
- Abrasive Wheels
- Angle Grinders
- Bance Impact Wrench
- Chain Saw
- Cold Bolt Expansion
- Compactors Vibration Plates
- Free Hand Disc Cutters
- Rail Friction Saw
- Rail Tensors/Stressing Equipment
- Sleeper Drills
- Tamping Hammer
- Track Jacks
- Electrical Emergency First Aid
- Emergency First Aid
- Environmental Awareness Training
- Manual Handling Practical-based
- Sharps Training
- Fire Awareness
Health and Safety Training
In association with Channel Compliance, we can offer the following:
- Nebosh General Certificate
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Directing Safely
With our approach to problem solving both innovative and creative, we have developed a pioneering system called OCTAS - Online Competence and Training Administration System.
OCTAS is a unique online training booking system that has been designed to save you both time and money, so that you can book rail training events quickly.
Users of OCTAS who have been granted exclusive access to book Sentinel initial or recertification training are now benefitting from receiving not only quality training service but also efficient administration.
Key features of the system include:
- Easily accessible and simple to use
- Instant visibility of training events and availability
- Instant joining instructions
- No phone calls required
- No booking forms
We can offer you one of three different packages:
- A managed service - Competence & Training Management
- An online booking service - Book courses online yourself
- A tailored service to meet your business requirements
Access to OCTAS is available after you have received a live demonstration of the system.